Have you ever felt as if you’re ready to take over the world? Like you’ve reached utmost spiritual enlightenment?
If so, it has to do with your Kundalini energy — an energy that you’ve awakened. Awakening that part of you has a plethora of benefits.
What those benefits are, we’ll get into.
In this article, we’ll dive into the details of the awakening process for the Kundalini energy. Our discussions will focus on what it is and how you can trigger it in you.
What is Kundalini energy?
Kundalini energy refers to the energy coiled at the base of the spine. It’s inside you since birth and is the type of energy that remains dormant. Many people seek and explore its socket through spiritual practices.
According to ancient books and traditional sayings, stimulating the base of the spine is a useful technique of triggering the Kundalini energy’s release. And unless you do it (or an exercise) that closely resembles it, it’s possible that it’ll stay inside you for years — and be left unused.
Here are more facts about Kundalini energy:
- It introduces you to next-level freedom – By enriching your spirituality and inner world, you can become so neutral and balanced that you know that you reached a total awakening — perhaps the highest level there is.
- It needs to be used wisely – According to a universal knowledge called Kabbalah, Kundalini is a coiled snake that acts creatively or destructively when awakened. It holds immense power, and it’s why only a few people take measures to awaken it.
- It’s part of many traditions – The same serpent power or energy exists in different traditions and has different names and it is called Shekhinah. The snake comparison is not in any way accidental because the poisoning from a snake has a way to kill a human. With practice, though, it could be effective at saving them.
What is a Kundalini awakening?
A Kundalini awakening is the activation, awakening, triggering of the Kundalini energy. When this energy at the base of the spine is loose, it can be very therapeutic and is a useful tool for bettering your life and increasing self-confidence.
Once the Kundalini energy awakens, life cannot be the same again. You have so much life force, strength, and creative power to be more than your past self. You go through an entire system of mental, bodily, and energetic changes.
Here are some of the possibilities:
- You’re more successful – You’ve achieved balance in your life. As a result, you’re soaring in your personal goals.
- You’re more self-aware – You’re fully aware of your strengths and weaknesses. That’s why you embark on nothing but realistic pursuits.
- You’re more empathetic – You go out of the way to show compassion to others. You understand that life isn’t free of suffering and pain.
Who are the people who need an awakening?
There’s no set group of people who need an awakening of the Kundalini energy. And just about anyone — male or female adults — can express their desires for an awakening.
In most cases, though, people who are depressed, neurotic, and dealing with mental health disorders are the ones who seek advice to help them in the Kundalini awakening process.
Because their spirit is lifted throughout the process, they end up seeing the world more clearly. And with this fresh and renewed perspective, they can gain valuable insights to resolve their problems. These people would also unpack years and years of pent-up energy.
Kundalini awakening happens in stages
Awakening the Kundalini energy isn’t an instantaneous process. Rather, it usually happens for years. And it’s achieved through a range of sacred practices rooted in Hinduism. The process requires patience, perseverance, and commitment.
For some people, this is the challenging aspect because the long period of waiting can cause them to abandon their path to an awakened state. But for others, the delayed gratification makes the pursuit even more valuable.
Here are more discussions about the stages of the Kundalini awakening.
- Indian yogis embrace the long wait – In India, the yogis were cleansed and prepared for years and experienced an awakening in their own hands.
- It’s out of your hands – You don’t control what or when your energy changes but some practices can support your awakening and support your journey. The process is individual and sometimes unpredictable so it can be extremely difficult to predict when awakening.
- It can happen out-of-the-blue – True, you can trigger the Kundalini energy’s release by stimulating your spine. But it doesn’t mean, it is at that same moment when it goes out. Sometimes, awakening happens spontaneously. And often, it happens through hard work and daily practice.
Effects of spiritual awakening practices
Spiritual awakening is a natural process. It happens not because you engaged in specific practices, but because of your inherent attraction to spiritual enlightenment. And in many cases, it happens alongside Kundalini awakening — after a long time of cultivating and practicing spirituality.
By positively living your life, you’re taking steps to grow your spirituality. And if this were the case, the unexpected awakening is more powerful.
Here are the minor negative effects of spiritual awakening.
Feeling as if your head is throbbing or about to crack is a terrible feeling. It might make you think three’s something inside your head — something that behaves on its own.
The reason you feel this way is that there is something in your head. For a person who doesn’t know anything about Kundalini energy or Kundalini, this occurrence tends to be brushed off as a run-of-the-mill headache.
But for someone who knows their Kundalini energy is now active, this is a reason to celebrate. And in response to their awakening, they may ignore the little inconvenience of the headache.
Hearing voices might make you scared, think you’re delusional, or feel paranoid or suspicious about your environment. But this is an effect of a spiritual breakthrough. Because your Kundalini energy is up and running, you’re more receptive to everything around you.
The solution to hearing voices is to strive for a heightened level of relaxation. The reason you hear voices is because you’re more alert. You can hear things beyond your typical hearing capabilities. And you can’t help but dismiss them as strange messages.
Try to think of these voices as something other than strange. If you can hold off the need to take sedatives and applicable medications, make it happen. Before you silence these messages, listen to what they’re saying. Chances are, these messages contain what you need to know to improve your life.
Just like hearing voices, it can be scary to hallucinate. This issue is subjective but for most people, hallucinating is scarier than hearing voices. Even the mildest cases of hallucinations would trigger an urge to take medications.
But hallucinations don’t just happen because your mind or body feels like it. They happen because your subconscious is telling you something isn’t right and that you have a problem that necessitates immediate fixing. Once you’ve identified and fixed the problem, the hallucinations tend to go away.
For a short time, these hallucinations are also your mind’s way of enabling visions that can provide levels of mystical insight — insights that most people can’t access. They’re also a medium that establishes a connection to a higher being.
How does it feel when Kundalini awakens
Because of an overwhelming and inexplicable change, many people would feel uneasy after a while. Some go to therapy. And they seek advice from a therapist who would tell them something like:
“Tell me the symptoms if you think it’s Kundalini. Concentrate on letting your energy flow and helping heal any uncomfortable symptoms emerging on a holistic level. The less resistance you get in these emotions, the faster they go away.”
Experiencing changes brought about by the awakening of the Kundalini energy can make you feel odd. But remember, when you experience Kundalini symptoms, this energy knocks at the door to get our focus and awareness. When this happens, it means you’re more able to fulfill our mission.
How to awaken the Kundalini energy
The first step of Kundalini awakening is to stimulate the base of your spine. Many stretches can help you achieve this. You can also engage in full-body exercises to freshen your entire spirit regularly.
If your Kundalini energy is awakened, it’ll rise and you’ll feel on top of the world. While you can’t always control the awakening of your Kundalini energy, some practices can support you in this cause.
Here are those practices.
- Shake your body – Always use up energy in a fun and productive way to avoid feeling restless and powerless. Things you can do include dancing it out.
- Practice tantra – Tantra is associated with divine feminine energy, long life, worldly powers, and one-of-a-kind spiritual energy and transformation.
- Have a grateful heart – It encourages you to always see greatness and positivity. And it wards off any negative vibes.
Will Kundalini yoga help awaken the Kundalini energy?
As discussed above, stretches can help. And because yoga and Kundalini yoga involves stretching, yes, Kundalini yoga can help trigger the release of the Kundalini energy. Examples are the Sphinx Pose, Crescent Lunge, and Downward-Facing Dog.
As a spiritual practice, Kundalini yoga is helpful in awakening the Kundalini energy. The list of researched-backed benefits of Kundalini yoga includes reduced stress and anxiety, improved cognitive function, and better memory. Other benefits include increased mindfulness, a better sense of self, and improved communication skills.
Here are the elements in Kundalini yoga that makes this possible.
- Divine energy and connection – You learn to live and let go. You’re detached from worldly pleasures and things. And you learn to work in line with your mind, body, soul, and spirit.
- Zero blockages in your energy field – Your spirit learns to abide by the laws of energy and quantum physics. You’re capable of living a good life because nothing is obstructing your path. And you’re in touch with the usefulness of energy healing, mantra, sound, and physical exercises.
- Peace and tranquility – You learn to silence toxicity for your spirit to flourish. You can easily identify and attach yourself to things that bring calmness. As a result, you learn to be devoid of negative feelings such as fear, insecurity, greed, and hatred.
Deactivating Kundalini: Is it possible?
What makes the Kundalini energy so good is also a drawback — it’s very powerful and can bring about negative effects. For this reason, some people choose to not awaken it. If you awakened it but decided that it’s too much for you to handle, it can be a problem. The bad news is, no, you can’t deactivate it or let it stay dormant again.
That’s why you need to be careful with how you approach this subject. Most people who awaken their Kundalini energy are at a solid place in life. They have achieved greatness and have bountiful lives because of their own doing — and not because of an awakened Kundalini energy per se.
The Kundalini energy may have helped their lives become better. But that’s because they were willing to invest personal resources into making it unfold. The role of the new energy is merely to support them. It’s not there to decide a person’s fate.
Awakening the Kundalini energy opens you to new and amazing possibilities in life. As discussed above, it allows you to reach a heightened state of awareness. And it can encourage, inspire, and motivate you to chase after better life goals.
The kundalini energy, however, is not some magic fix. It’s not something that can instantly bring a platter of good things. Some people are negatively affected by this powerful energy because of this kind of thinking. But as long as you use the energy for the better, you’ll see drastic improvements in your life.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?