Can you imagine having a healing treatment in a gentle and non-invasive way? Well, reiki energy meditation completely does that!
Reiki is an ancient Japanese healing technique founded by Mikao Usui which is based on the belief that the energy channels of the universe flow through all things, including people. This energy can be used to heal the energies of oneself or others in order to promote healthy and positive well-being.
This technique is usually administered by a reiki practitioner using their hands to channel the life force energy while often saying specific mantras or prayers to help guide the energy.
If you are wondering how reiki meditation works, don’t worry, we got your back! Keep reading to see how the healing process of this technique unfolds!
Difference Between Reiki and Meditation
Reiki is a form of energy healing that is based on the belief that energy can be transferred from one person to another. This means that when you treat someone with reiki, you are sending healing energy to their chakras and working on the entire body.
Meditation, on the other hand, is a form of relaxation and mindfulness practice that has been used for centuries to improve mental health. It can be done either sitting or standing and often involves focusing your attention on your breath and on the present moment.
Both practices have been used for centuries to treat health conditions and promote peace of mind. However, there are more differences between the two practices:
- Different hand placements are involved in reiki to help remove blocked energies in the body
- Reiki training is needed to be able to perform reiki on another person
- An attunement is performed by a reiki master to open energy pathways from within
- Meditation is a state of quiet mind and stillness with various techniques like chi
- Meditating can be practiced alone and in any place
- The overall goal is to relax, enhance the quality of life, and attain a higher spiritual consciousness
What is reiki meditation?
Reiki meditation is a form of meditation that is based on the principles of reiki.
Already knowing the difference between the two practices, reiki meditation involves clearing your mind by focusing on your breath while sending healing energy to the area you are concerned about.
This technique is known for its ability to help people relax and connect with their inner energy.
Benefits of Reiki Practice
Despite gaining controversies regarding its effectiveness, many reiki practitioners vouch for the healing success of this practice. There are many benefits to reiki meditation which includes:
- reduces stress and anxiety
- improve concentration
- better sleep
- relieves pain and tension
- promotes self-healing
- improve overall well-being
- boosts the immune system
Can reiki substitute traditional medicine?
There are many potential benefits to reiki however, there is no evidence that reiki can cure any medical condition.
Reiki should not be used as an alternative to traditional doctor-administered consultations or psychotherapy. Instead, it can be integrated with other medical or therapeutic treatments to increase healing efficacy.
Reiki Meditation Technique
If you’re looking for a way to calm and center yourself, reiki meditation may be just the trick.
This technique is based on the principle that energy can be transferred from one person to another without any physical contact. Simply focus your thoughts on your receiver, and allow the energy to naturally flow.
1. Cleansing technique
Before starting reiki meditation, performing an energy cleansing technique will help you calm your mind to gather spiritual energies around you.
To practice reiki cleansing, follow these steps below:
- Breathe deeply and let yourself inhale all the pleasure and joy that you need
- Exhale out deeply the negative emotions and thoughts, such as depression, fear, and anxiety
- Feel as these negativities are being flushed out from your body
- Continue taking deep breaths until you feel being in a state of peace
2. Chakra system
Your chakra system comprises seven energy centers, starting from the base of your spinal column to the top of your head. The best way to connect with and listen to your body is by feeling through your hands.
- Place the palm of your hand in each chakra location for several minutes, depending on your needs
- As you tune into your body through your hands, imagine the source of energy vibrating through your body, with the chakras acting as channels of passage
- Feel your body resonate with this energizing energy, as you become deeply relaxed and rejuvenated
3. Healing through hands
If you’ve ever tried to heal yourself with a self-help book, website, or class, you know that it can be difficult and frustrating.
Reiki healing through hands is a method that uses the power of touch to help heal physical and emotional wounds. Through a series of gentle hands-on strokes, reiki practitioners help release negative energy and promote healing.
The practice is simple to learn and can be used for both personal and professional healing.
Tips for Reiki Energy Meditation
When it comes to meditation, there are many ways to get started. But what if you’re not sure where to start?
Here are five tips for Reiki energy meditation that can help you get started and stay engaged.
1. The first step is to find a comfortable place to sit or recline. You want to be as relaxed as possible so that your mind can focus.
2. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing.
3. Set your intention and recite mantras when needed. This will help your mind to concentrate more and avoid derailing from your goal.
4. Perform different hand positions as you try to remove blocked energies in your body.
5. Continue focusing on your breathing as you exhale out the negativities inside you.
In conclusion, reiki meditations can be a great way to relax, focus the mind, and connect with your inner self.
They can provide a range of benefits, both physical and mental, and can be a valuable part of any wellness routine.
If you’re interested in trying out reiki meditation, just be sure to find a guide that’s suited to your experience level and abilities to fully reap its benefits!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?