Chakra pendulums usually have a string or a chain of metal or leather attached to them. People use them to meditate, cleanse their energy field, or clear their chakras. People swing the pendulum in a circular motion or swing back and forth to get answers to questions or pinpoint which chakras need healing.
Chakra pendulums come in different shapes and sizes and are often made of crystals, wood, glass, or metals. They are one of the great tools that aid in spiritual healing, chakra balancing, aura cleansing. In this article, you will learn what a chakra pendulum is and how it helps to test the health of your energy centers.
Using a chakra pendulum
Anyone can learn how to use a chakra pendulum. If it’s your first time to use one, keep in mind that you have to keep it close to your body to soak up your energy days before use. The tool should resonate the same energy frequency as yours.
Bless the pendulum before using it. Seek help and spiritual guidance. You may opt to meditate first and set your intentions and purpose for using the chakra pendulum.
Keeping the pendulum close to you and blessing it before use can help you influence its movement. One of the initial steps to take is to cleanse your pendulum with sage and sea salt. Before you start the chakra pendulum ritual, below are the main considerations:
Chakras and their location
It’s important that you have an insight into the seven primary chakras, their purpose, and their location in your body. Healing tools like pendulums help open and balance chakras, which have a direct influence on your behaviors and the way you deal with people and situations in your life.
When using a chakra pendulum, it may move to pinpoint a specific chakra. Thus, you need to be familiar with where the chakras are and what aspects and behaviors they rule, Below is a brief list of the primary energy centers and their locations in your body.
- Root chakra. This energy center is at the base of your spine. It handles one’s sense of stability and survival.
- Sacral chakra. This chakra is at the lower abdomen, just below the navel. It rules a person’s sexuality and creativity.
- Solar plexus chakra. This energy point is at the upper abdomen area, governing self-esteem and confidence.
- Heart chakra. You can find this at the center of your chest, just above your heart. This is the chakra for love, compassion, and inner peace.
- Throat chakra. Covering the throat area is this energy center that helps you improve self-expression and communication.
- Third-eye chakra. At the forehead area is this chakra that governs one’s intuition and imagination.
- Crown chakra. This chakra is at the top of your head and handles one’s spiritual connection.
Chakra pendulum movements
After reviewing where the key chakras are located, it’s important to observe the movements and direction of the pendulum. The pendulum will show you which chakra needs healing and which has blocked energy. Learn below interpretations of the different pendulum movements.
- Straight movement. This means that there’s an energy imbalance or partial blockage of a specific chakra.
- Elliptical movement. This kind of movement of the pendulum tells you that there may be a left or right side imbalance.
- Clockwise movement. A pendulum moving clockwise over a specific chakra means that the energy center is well-balanced.
- Counterclockwise. When the pendulum moves counterclockwise, it means that there is an unreleased emotion or blocked energy in that specific chakra.
- Erratic movement. If the pendulum moves or swings erratically, it means that either you or the person performing the ritual is going through spiritual upheaval.
There is a possibility that the pendulum may not move at all. If this is the case, you’re maybe holding the pendulum in the wrong location. With patience, experience, and practice, you will get used to pointing the pendulum at the right locations.
Tips for using a chakra pendulum
Before you start the ritual, lay down on your back, or ask your patient to do so if you are the one performing the ritual on someone else. It is important that you feel comfortable before starting the ritual. Hold the chain or cord of the pendulum between your forefinger and thumb about 6 inches above each chakra.
Focus your mind on your intentions and what purpose the chakra pendulum will serve you. Prepare your questions for the pendulum beforehand. Make sure that you set the pendulum movement that shows if the answer is a yes or a no.
Choosing your chakra pendulum
It’s essential to follow your instincts when choosing a pendulum. You need to connect with it, regardless of how it looks. It’s important that you feel right about your pendulum for it to give you accurate answers to your questions.
Now that you know what a chakra pendulum is, use it to your advantage and clear your blocked chakras. Use a chakra pendulum for awareness, guidance, and understanding which of your chakras needs healing. You may also use the pendulum along with other energy healing tools for a holistic healing approach.