Not feeling yourself lately? Bored with life? No creative energy?
If so, it’s possible that your sacral chakra needs work. It may be unbalanced or blocked.
Either way, you should get to the bottom of it.
Let’s talk about how to make your sacral chakra work wonders for your well-being. We’ll discuss everything you need to know about sacral chakra healing.
The goal of this article is to provide you with an ultimate guide — from the definition of sacral chakra to how you can maintain a balanced sacral chakra.
What is the sacral chakra?
The sacral chakra, also called svadhisthana, serves as one of your main energy centers. Notably, it’s the center of your emotional and sexual energy. It’s responsible for regulating the energy linked to pleasure, passion, and sexuality.
Here are other facts about the sacral chakra:
- Location – You can find it in your belly — a few inches below your belly button and a bit above your genitals.
- Symbol – The moon crescent is symbolic to it. It points to the relationship involving the moon’s phases and tides of water.
- Deity representation – The Hindu goddess of fertility, fidelity, and power is Parvati. As this chakra is all about governing relevant aspects, people believe Parvati is the perfect representative.
- Elemental association – Together with a lotus flower, the water element is associated with it.
- Color association – As one of the main chakras, it’s usually associated with a color. And in this case, it’s the color orange.
Is the sacral chakra also the second chakra?
Another name for the sacral chakra is the second chakra. In Sanskrit, its meaning is “where your being is created.” It’s called that because it serves as the chakra that can help you create or find your true nature as a human being.
It’s also called that because your sacral chakra relates to and supplements your basic individuality. As discussed earlier, it relates to a secondary joy in life — like areas of passion, pleasure, and sexuality.
Other secondary aspects that the sacral chakra governs include:
- Healthy emotions – Happiness, self-contentment, and excitement can bring positivity in your life. But as long as you handle them carefully, so can some negative emotions like fear and doubt.
- Birthing environments – These are descriptive of surroundings that can influence your physiological well-being. They should be calm and stress-free environments.
- Synchronicity – It refers to the harmonious relationships with the people around you. It can also refer to how in sync you are with your physical side.
- Divine femininity – It’s a spiritual concept that addresses the feminine counterpart of patriarchal and masculine structures.
- Structured expression – They highlight the need to be expressive without negatively affecting relationships. Positive expressions, well-thought-of responses, and rational actions are examples.
What happens with a blocked sacral chakra?
It’s important that energy flows smoothly to this energy center. Otherwise, you can’t take advantage of the above-mentioned secondary aspects.
A telltale sign it’s blocked is you feel disoriented. It’s as if you know about every event that goes on in your life. Your connection to them, however, ends there. While you know something’s happening, you cannot fully understand your situation.
Here are more signs of a blocked chakra:
- Addiction – You’re prone to addictive behaviors. You can easily lose yourself in drugs, alcohol, compulsive buying, gambling, and other common addictions.
- Impulsivity – You live for spur-of-the-moment activities. You don’t think rationally or show fear for the consequences of your actions.
- Neuroticism – You can also be a complete control freak. You don’t respond well to even the slightest bit of uncertainty.
- Sexual dysfunction – Your libido is either in overdrive or non-existent. You may also have reproductive problems, menstrual issues, and other issues with your reproductive organ.
- Hyposensitive – You have abnormally low levels of sensitivity. Because of this, you have poor social skills, and you can’t show empathy, kindness, or compassion.
What happens with an overactive sacral chakra?
It’s a good thing if your sacral chakra isn’t blocked. But you have another problem if it’s overactive.
If it’s overactive, it also causes you to feel disoriented. And in this case, you feel connected with the wrong things. In reality, you have no connections at all.
Here are the signs of an overactive sacral chakra:
- Display of escapism – You’ll do anything to escape your reality. You’ll lie, cheat, steal, and do whatever’s necessary.
- Rudeness – You have zero respect for the needs of others. You’re willing to step on their principles to get what you want.
- Obsessive (and unrequited) affection – You admire others way too much, and your behavior becomes creepy. For you, it’s acceptable to invade their privacy because you admire them.
- Hypersensitivity – You have a flair for the dramatics, you’re overly reactive, and you experience moments of emotional instability. Your emotions are all over the place.
- Inappropriate sexual desires – You want your desires to be satisfied immediately even if it means expressing them inappropriately.
Why is there a need for sacral chakra healing?
If your sacral chakra is blocked or overactive, it’s unbalanced. With an unbalanced sacral chakra, it’s hard to find joy in life. And even if you find joy, you may neglect it or recognize it differently.
Imagine this chakra as a door that leads to positivity and promising opportunities. And all you have to do is to open it and walk through it.
If your sacral chakra is unbalanced, you won’t open this door. And it’s possible you won’t appreciate the opportunities presented to you.
Usually, it’s not working because you experienced a traumatic life event during your childhood. If it’s blocked, you may have carried that trauma from your childhood into your adult world.
As a result, you experience a multitude of discomfort in many aspects of your life. You have all sorts of physical, psychological, interpersonal, and emotional issues.
How to maintain a balanced sacral chakra
That’s why your sacral chakra should always function just right — not blocked or overactive. If you’ve healed your chakra before, it doesn’t mean it’s going to stay that way permanently. Not working on balancing it will result in the same (or even worse) state as before.
Here are the ways on how you can attain sacral chakra balance:
- Chakra-balancing meditation – Engage in a meditative visualization. Picture yourself eliminating or slashing the cord to what is interrupting your chakra’s function.
- Hip openers – A blocked sacral chakra means energy can’t escape from the location of your chakra. So try hip-opening stretches and yoga poses like the butterfly pose and what’s called baddha konasana.
- Journaling – Writing out your feelings is a way of establishing an emotional connection. Consider journaling every bedtime.
- Use the color orange – Surround yourself with items that your sacral chakra likes. Examples are carnelian crystals, orange clothing, and Tiger’s Eye.
- Eat certain foods – Carrots, sweet potatoes, and melons are some of the foods that promote energy healing. Include them in your diet regularly.
Another way of healing and attaining balance for the sacral chakra is to find comfort in stillness. Because the sacral chakra is linked to intimacy and emotions, it’ll greatly benefit from some peace and quiet.
If you’ve always enjoyed calm surroundings, this shouldn’t be a problem for you. But if you’re the kind of person who enjoys the loudness of the world, try to ease in and adapt to a new environment.
Adjusting to a different setting may make you feel queasy at first. But soon — especially once your sacral chakra is healed, you’ll be glad you made the leap.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?