Last Updated on February 8, 2023
To learn how to use healing crystals or chakra stones, you need to understand how your chakras work.
Chakras are natural systems that our bodies have that help us to balance and protect our lives. Our body has seven major chakras or energy centers: the root chakra, sacral chakra, solar plexus chakra, heart chakra, throat chakra, third-eye chakra, and crown chakra.
These energy centers correspond to certain organs and parts of one’s body. Thus, they affect one’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. These chakras must be open and balanced to function the energy centers at their best.
It is where a chakra crystal comes to play. Each primary chakra has a specific healing stone that helps maintain balance and clear chakra blockages. Blocked chakras are often caused by internal and external stressors, affecting the energy flow and ruining the balance of the said energy centers.
What are the 7 chakras and their respective stones?
Identifying the kind of stones to use means you need to have a good understanding of the seven primary chakras first.
What are they, and what aspects of our lives do they rule out? They have properties and characteristics signified through colors, stones, and elements.
Once you understand how the chakra system function, what is a crystal chakra wand and the importance of these different crystal chakra, stones, and colors in healing, these energy centers will be easy for you to choose the kind of chakra stone you need.
Below is a shortlist that summarizes the chakras, their functions, and the chakra stones associated with each one of them:
- Root chakra stones. This energy center is responsible for a person’s feeling of security and stability. The colors red and black represent the root chakra.Thus, chakra gemstones like black obsidian, ruby, red jasper, and black onyx can help cleanse this energy center,
- Sacral chakra stones. People associate the orange color with this energy center as it signifies creativity. Orange-colored crystals like tiger’s eye, carnelian, and fire opal are great healing stones to open and balance your sacral chakra.
- Solar plexus chakra stones. Signifying personal power and the qualities of a fire or flame, yellow is the color that represents the solar plexus.Healing crystals like yellow citrine, golden heliodor, and lemon quartz help uplift one’s self-love, self-worth, and self-esteem.
- Heart chakra stones. Green represents life and nature and is also the color of love and transformation. People associate this color with the heart chakra, the energy center that rules love and compassion.Crystals like jade and emerald help heal this chakra as they make it easy to love and forgive. Also, rose quartz, amazonite, and rhodonite can be used for the fourth chakra.
- Throat chakra stones. Lapis lazuli, blue kyanite, and aquamarine are the crystal healing for the throat chakra. They come in blue and represent self-expression and the ability to communicate.These crystals help one to heal their throat chakra and improve communication.
- Third-eye chakra stones. This energy center rules one’s intuition and inner wisdom. Indigo-colored gemstones like moldavite, labradorite, and amethyst help improve third-eye chakra imbalance, intuition, and receptivity to energy.
- Crown chakra stones. Violet and white are the colors associated with this energy center, which pertains to the universal consciousness and the ability of one to reach the highest state of spirituality.Gemstones like amethyst, selenite, diamond and clear quartz can help how to open root chakras and remove their blockages for crown chakra healing.
Using the chakra stones
Understanding how the chakras work would help you determine which of your particular chakra energy centers is out of balance. Now, you also have an idea of what kind of chakra stone to use to help open and balance a specific energy center.
Below are a few ways and tips for using chakra healing stones.
Cleansing the Stones
The first step in using chakra stones is to cleanse them. It helps remove any negative energies that may be attached to the stones.
You can do this by smudging (burning sage or another herb), running cold water over the stones, burying them in salt or dry rice overnight, or simply laying them out in the sun or moonlight.
You must choose a method that resonates with you – whatever feels right is probably best.
Placement of Stones on Your Body
Once your healing stones are cleansed, it’s time to place them on your body. Start by lying down on a comfortable surface such as a bed or yoga mat.
Place the chakra stones over a body area or the location of the chakra that needs healing. Make sure that chakra healing stones are placed firmly against your skin so that it has direct contact with your energy field.
Meditating With Chakra Stones
Now that you have all your stones on your body, it’s time for the final step: meditation.
Begin by focusing on each chakra one at a time and visualizing its energy restored through the stone’s power. Feel free to use affirmations or mantras during this process if they resonate with you – they can help deepen your connection with each stone and maximize its potential healing benefits.
Once you’ve finished meditating with all seven chakras and their corresponding stones, take some time to journal about any insights or experiences that came up during this process.
Wearing Chakra Stones as Jewelry
One of the easiest ways to use chakra stones is by wearing them as jewelry.
The chakra crystals are also used in the making of pieces of jewelry like necklaces and bracelets. You can wear chakra bracelets to complement your style.
You can find necklaces, bracelets, rings, and other pieces of jewelry made with natural gemstones with energy healing that correspond to each chakra center. Some people even make their own custom jewelry using a variety of different colored stones.
It is easy to keep your energy balanced throughout the day without taking time out for meditation or other practices.
Carrying Stones in Your Pocket
You can also bring the crystals chakra wand anywhere you go by putting them in your purse or pocket all day long. This allows you to have access to the healing energy of the stones anytime you need it. Simply select a few small stones that correspond with your particular needs.
- If you’re feeling anxious or overwhelmed, you could carry blue stones for peace and clarity;
- If you’re feeling exhausted, hold some yellow stones for an energizing boost;
- If you’re feeling emotionally drained, carry some green stones for emotional healing and support.
Having these special little reminders with you all day long can be a powerful reminder of how supported and loved you are.
Keeping Stones in Your Workspace
Finally, you can heal your chakras and clear your home or space of negative energy by adding chakra stones and crystals as decors. And keeping them in your workspace or other areas where you spend a lot of time throughout the day.
Having these colorful crystals nearby will remind you to take breaks from work (or whatever else) throughout the day so that your energy levels don’t get too depleted. It also helps create a more calming atmosphere in which creativity and productivity are able to thrive.
Common Challenges and Solutions in Using Chakra Stones
Overcoming Negative Beliefs
The power of chakra stone healing lies in its ability to shift our perspectives on life.
The first challenge is overcoming these beliefs—beliefs that can include fear, guilt, unworthiness, or anger—and having the courage to move forward with self-love and faith.
The solution here is simple but often difficult; it’s about making conscious choices based on what we want instead of what we fear or what we don’t want in our lives.
Try writing down your positive affirmations and repeating them daily during your meditation practice to reinforce the positive changes you want in your life.
Dealing with Physical Symptoms
Another common challenge related to working with stone chakras is dealing with physical symptoms such as headaches or fatigue that can come up during the process of cleansing and balancing your energies.
This is completely normal; when you’re opening yourself up to higher frequencies, it can cause physical discomfort as your body adjusts.
The key here is being gentle with yourself while staying committed to the process; make sure you’re getting plenty of rest and nourishment, so you have enough energy for healing work without over-taxing yourself physically or emotionally.
Maintaining Balance in Challenging Times
Finally, one of the hardest parts about working with stone chakra energies is maintaining balance during difficult times in life—times when our emotions are running high or when things don’t seem like they’ll ever get better again.
This is where patience comes into play; try not to rush through the healing process but instead stay connected to your inner self no matter how hard it gets.
Remember that even if things feel overwhelming now, they will eventually pass if you stay committed to doing whatever inner work is necessary for growth and transformation.
And perhaps most importantly, recognize that it’s okay (and normal!) if things don’t go perfectly according to plan; keep going one step at a time until you reach a place of peace within yourself again.
If you are not aware of how to use chakra stones and how to balance out your energy, then you can make a big mistake and get into an unhealthy situation, where the dark side of your psyche becomes more dominant than the light side.
Taking a good step towards balance is understanding how your chakras function and then taking time to tune your energy to its correct level. Most people in Christianity and chakra healing don’t see the importance of this in their lives and are often stuck in a cycle of negativity.
It is important to note that even though chakras help us achieve a sense of balance and a more positive way of living, we should also do our part.
If there’s an imbalance, we should take the initiative to make the change with the kind of lifestyle we’re having and even our mindset. The power of the mind greatly influences our overall well-being, so we need to think positive thoughts at all times.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?