To learn how to use healing crystals or chakra stones, you need to understand how your chakras work. Chakras are natural systems that our bodies have that help us to balance and protect our lives. There are seven major chakras or energy centers in our body: the root chakra, sacral chakra, solar plexus chakra, heart chakra, throat chakra, third-eye chakra, and crown chakra.
These energy centers correspond to certain organs and parts of one’s body. Thus, they affect one’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. To function at their best, these chakras need to be open and in balance.
This is where a chakra crystal comes to play. Each of the primary chakras has a specific healing stone that helps maintain balance and clear blockages. Blocked chakras are often caused by internal and external stressors, affecting the energy flow and ruins the balance of the said energy centers.
What are the 7 chakras and their respective stones?
Identifying the kind of stones to use means you need to have a good understanding of the seven primary chakras first. What are they and what aspects of our lives they rule out? They do have properties and characteristics signified through colors, stones, and elements.
Once you understand how these chakras function and the importance of stones and colors in healing these energy centers, it would be easy for you to choose the kind of stones you need. Below is a shortlist that summarizes the chakras, their functions, and the chakra stones associated with each one of them:
- Root chakra stones. This energy center is responsible for a person’s feeling of security and stability. Colors red and black represent the root chakra. Thus, stones like black obsidian, ruby, red jasper, and black onyx can help cleanse this energy center,
- Sacral chakra stones. People associate the orange color with this energy center as it signifies creativity. Orange-colored crystals like tiger’s eye, carnelian, and fire opal are great healing stones to open and balance your sacral chakra.
- Solar plexus chakra stones. SIgnifying personal power and the qualities of a fire or flame, yellow is the color that represents this energy center. Healing crystals like yellow citrine, golden heliodor, and lemon quartz help uplift one’s self-love, self-worth, and self-esteem.
- Heart chakra stones. Green represents life and nature and is also the color of love and transformation. People associate this color with the heart chakra, the energy center that rules love and compassion. Crystals like jade and emerald help heal this chakra as they make it easy to love and forgive.
- Throat chakra stones. Lapis lazuli, blue kyanite, and aquamarine are the healing crystals for the throat chakra. They come in blue and represent self-expression and the ability to communicate. These crystals help one to heal his or her throat chakra and improve his or her communication.
- Third-eye chakra stones. This energy center rules one’s intuition and inner wisdom. Indigo-colored gemstones like moldavite, labradorite, and amethyst help improve your intuition and receptivity to energy.
- Crown chakra stones. Violet and white are the colors associated with this energy center, which pertains to the universal consciousness and the ability of one to reach the highest state of spirituality. Gemstones like amethyst, selenite, diamond, and clear quartz can help remove blockages from this chakra.
Using the chakra stones
Understanding how the chakras work would help you determine which of your energy centers is out of balance. Now, you also have an idea of what kind of crystals to use to help open and balance a specific energy center. Below are a few ways and tips on how to use chakra stones.
- Place the chakra stones over a body area or the location of the chakra that needs healing. You may do this while practicing meditation.
- The chakra crystals are also used in making pieces of jewelry like necklaces and bracelets. You can wear chakra bracelets to complement your style.
- You can also bring the crystals anywhere you go by putting them in your purse or pocket.
- Finally, you can heal your chakras and clear your home or space off negative energies by adding chakra crystals as decors.
If you are not aware of how to use chakra stones and how to balance out your energy, then you can make a big mistake and get into an unhealthy situation, where the dark side of your psyche becomes more dominant than the light side.
Taking a good step towards balance is to understand how your chakras function and then taking time to tune your energy to its correct level. Most people don’t see the importance of this in their lives and are often stuck in a cycle of negativity.
It is important to note that even though chakras help us achieve a sense of balance and a more positive way of living, we should also do our part. If there’s an imbalance, we should take the initiative to make the change with the kind of lifestyle we’re having and even our mindset. The power of the mind greatly influences our overall well-being, so we need to think positive thoughts at all times.