Last Updated on February 7, 2023
If you’re about to practice Reiki and energy healing modalities, the word “attunement” may be thrown at you soon.
And when you hear it, not knowing the first thing about it might make you feel uneasy. While your Reiki masters, Reiki teachers, or Reiki gurus (licensed Reiki professionals) will hone your ability and gear you up with knowledge throughout the attunement process, being a step ahead will work to your advantage.
In this article, let’s cover everything you need to know about what is attunement in Reiki; it’ll also help you make the most of your Reiki practice.
The Basics of Reiki Attunements
A definition of attunement is a kinesthetic and emotional sense of other people. It’s about knowing and understanding where does their reiki energy come from and their energy’s scope— their rhythm, influential factors, and uniquely personal experiences.
Learning essential elements of this reiki energy rather than mastering the art of sharpening these elements is also part of the deal.
For example, you’ll learn what affects a person’s specific behavior (like their urge to keep items organized). And upon learning this, you’ll find ways to help the person use their particular behavior for the better.
Here are more facts about Reiki attunements:
- Every Reiki training course requires a willingness to learn how to sharpen your universal life energy. The process is often called tuning induction. After Reiki Level 1, you can practice Reiki on your own and treat your friends and relatives to Reiki classes.
- The attunements are enjoyable and simple. They provide subjects with a quick experience in conjunction with Reiki masters and students.
- Reiki has different levels of attitude. The different levels in Reiki can help one connect more deeply with Reiki energy. Attunements enhance physical healing spiritually, emotionally, and psychologically.
- What a Reiki master, teacher, or guru hopes to achieve in Reiki attunement is to be their student’s skin, metaphorically. They aim to go beyond empathy to create a two-person journey that involves an unbroken feeling of connectedness.
Why You Need Attunement to Practice Reiki
A simple way to describe Reiki attunements is to think of the process as an initiation ritual or a rite of passage. A person’s first Reiki attunement enables the initiation of a connection between the Reiki energy and all of humanity through its universal nature.
In this case, attuned students who underwent attunement move on to become means of transmissible energy. And only once they’ve received reiki attunement and accomplished the process could they freely have their own spiritual practice of Reiki or be a self-Reiki teacher and master training to be a qualified Reiki practitioner. And only once a certified Reiki master, teacher, or guru has helped them go through the attunement process can they transfer the methods of the spiritual healing energy of Reiki.
Here’s a closer look at why Reiki attunement matters:
- Attunements make Reiki unique – They set Reiki apart from all other healing touch and energy work forms. And regardless of Reiki level, attuned Reiki practitioners can guarantee Reiki is safe (that includes pregnant women).
- Many students prefer the Japanese way- In the Japanese culture, a Reiki teacher performs reiju (rayjoo) ceremonies in each class to open up and expand the main energy channels of the student body. Then this allows universal energy (called QiChi /Ko) to be absorbed into the body.
- A Reiki Master may use different teaching approaches with a common goal –Although some components in each Reiki level are unified, Reiki master teacher has different methods of teaching Reiki. Learning Reiki in three (sometimes 4 or 5) levels is common. Reiki, after all, is a central practice that revolves around teaching, educating, and practical applications.
Concerns of Reiki Students
According to the father of Reiki, Mikao Usui, Reiki attunement is a sacred and spiritual ceremony. Before attunement or receiving a Reiki mastership, a student practitioner needs to commit time to prepare.
Here are some common questions people ask:
How Can I Prepare for Reiki Attunement?
The days following Reiki sessions are best spent peacefully. Keep away from being angry. It will help your energy move freely. The increased feeling can improve the attitude.
What Should I Remember during and after Reiki Attunement?
Don’t worry if you may feel a bit inconvenient during a Reiki class. Light-headedness, itching sensations, and numbness are a few symptoms that the body is under attunement.
And be informed, every person’s reaction to Reiki’s attunement is subjective.
Others may not experience any side effects at all. Meanwhile, there are some people who may feel queasy, and to them, it’s apparent that their body is undergoing attunement.
Here are actions to take to counteract the effects of attunement:
- Drink a lot of water at room temperature.
- Avoid eating much of what is mostly meat-based foods.
- Get sufficient rest.
Can Attunement Be Done on Your Own?
Unfortunately, you can’t attune yourself or go through the Reiki attunement process on your own. A certified Reiki master needs to be present. Otherwise, you’ll go against the basic definition of attunement.
Practicing the art and science of Reiki at home is one method that will improve your life. Traditionally, Reiki dictates that if you desire to practice a Reiki treatment, you need a Reiki master to initiate your spiritual practice.
The Process of Receiving a Reiki Attunement
Before the Attunement
- Preparation: To receive reiki attunement, research and choose a reputable Reiki master. It is important to understand the philosophy and principles of Reiki energy before undergoing an attunement.
- Set Intentions: It is helpful to set clear intentions for what you hope to achieve through the attunement process.
- Relaxation: Take steps to ensure you are relaxed and comfortable before the attunement.
During the Attunement
- Meditative state: The Reiki master will guide you into a meditative state where you are more open to receiving the attunement energy.
- Placement of hands: The reiki master will place their hands on or near your body in a series of positions to channel the Reiki energy into you.
- Energy transfer: The attunement process involves the transfer of energy from the practitioner to you, which can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
After the Attunement
- Integration: After the attunement, give yourself time to integrate the new universal life energy. This may involve relaxation.
- Self-practice: It is recommended that you continue to practice self-healing and Reiki techniques to maintain and deepen your connection to the energy.
- Reassessment: Reassess your intentions and experiences to determine the effectiveness of the attunement.
Maintaining Your Reiki Energies
To maintain your Reiki energies, some self-care practices to nourish your body and spirit that may be helpful include:
- Have regular exercise and physical activity.
- Practice mindfulness and meditation regularly.
- Get enough sleep and exercise regularly.
- Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water.
- Surround yourself with positive people and activities.
- Spending time in nature.
- Take time for yourself to relax and recharge.
- Practice gratitude and positive self-talk.
- Practicing self-reflection and being mindful.
- Receive regular Reiki treatments for yourself.
Tips for Working with a Reiki Master for the attunement
1. Find a reiki master who is experienced and reputable.
It’s also important to check if they are certified and have received proper training in Reiki and ask for referrals or testimonials from previous clients.
2. Communicate openly
Clearly explain your needs and expectations to the practitioner. Ask questions if you are unclear about anything.
3. Be honest
Let the practitioner know if you feel uncomfortable or have any physical discomfort.
4. Prepare your space
Make sure the room is quiet, warm, and free of distractions. You may also play soft music or light candles to create a calming atmosphere.
5. Dress comfortably
Wear loose, comfortable clothing that allows for ease of movement.
6. Be open to the experience
Reiki is a holistic practice that works on many levels. Trust the process and let go of any expectations or preconceived notions.
7. After the session
Take time to rest and hydrate. Drink plenty of water to help release any energy blocks. Reflect on your experience and take note of any changes or insights you have.
8. Continual self-care
Reiki is not a one-time fix but a journey toward balance and wellness. Incorporating self-care practices into your daily routine can enhance and maintain the benefits of Reiki.
So, Is a Reiki Practice Right for You?
Practicing Reiki is incredibly beneficial for your wellness. It is a healing modality that nurtures your ability to tap into your universal life force energy and send healing energy to your own body. It also gives you unparalleled clarity and a sense of balance.
One of its best benefits is it helps your body recover. With a qualified Reiki practitioner by your side or if you’ve undergone Reiki attunement, you can make the most out of it — more vitality and less susceptibility to diseases.
You begin reducing your vibrations when you can use your healing hands for your body. It helps you eliminate toxic, unwanted, and residual energy. Ultimately, this encourages you to optimize your recovery through self-care.
Reiki attunement is an ancient practice that helps balance, heal, and energize the body and spirit. Receiving attunement opens up you to new levels of energy, allowing them to become more in tune with your inner self.
Attunement is a gateway to unlocking your full potential and leading you on an enriching journey of personal transformation. However, it’s important that the process is undertaken with proper care – seek guidance from a qualified Reiki master if possible. By understanding what attunement can offer and integrating these lessons into everyday life, you may find yourself living in improved physical health as well as emotional growth at the blue moon, meaning spirituality on a level!
By knowing how to connect to reiki energy and Reiki attunement, you can discover greater comfort and well-being within yourself and open up to a world of newfound energies.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?